August 6, 2012
Lusting over soft, bouncy waves a la SofíaVergara? Or do sleek ‘I mean business’ styles which simply ooze sophistication tickle your fancy? Either way, healthy, well-conditioned hair and the correct tools for the job are an absolute must!
1. Begin by washing your hair with sulfate-free, antioxidant-rich Modern Organic Products C-Curl Enhancing Shampoo (£13.45). Breathe in the uplifting citrus scent and let vitamins A, E and C work their magic in keeping your curls frizz-free and fantastic.
2. Follow with Modern Organic Products C-Curl Enhancing Conditioner (£12.70) which provides heaps of must-have moisture to keep your curls smooth along with soy proteins and mango extract to detangle your locks. Leave in for 2-3 minutes and rinse!
3. The next step is to apply a generous amount of Moroccan Oil Treatment (£30.45) to damp, towel-dried tresses. Make sure you comb the product through to distribute it evenly but avoid the roots.
4. Blow dry your hair completely using a barrel brush such as TIGIPRO Medium Round Brush (£7.40). It’s crucial that your locks are dried properly as if there’s even a hint of dampness, the volume simply won’t hold.
5. Take a ceramic curling iron such as Remington Pearl Professional Hair Curling Tong (£27.00) and take inch wide sections, wrapping each one around the wand in an alternate direction away from the face as you go. This helps to achieve a more natural looking style and adds movement.
6. Complete this beautiful, head-turning style by spraying Schwarzkopf Got2b Sparkling Shine Hairspray (£2.55) all over your ‘do and combing through the curls with your fingers for extra separation.. Voila!
1. Ultra-silky, straight hair can often lay flat and look limp, so to avoid this, start off with a volume boost by washing your hair with a product such as John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Shampoo (£5.89). The clever formula nourishes the follicles and removes build-up that can leave your locks feeling weighed down.
2. Then, reduce hair breakage while improving manageability and blitzing knots with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Conditioner (£5.89). Using a light yet fortifying conditioner that leaves no residue makes a huge amount of difference to the feel and look of your hair.
3. Once towel dried, reach for a luxurious, calming serum like Frederic Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless Smooth (£20.00) and distribute it evenly through the lengths and ends. The anti-frizz Hibiscus protein in this miraculous formula relaxes the curls and waves in your hair to produce wonderfully sleek tresses.
4. Separate your hair into four or five equal sections, going over each one with a wide-toothed comb before pinning all but one of them to your head. Use theShuUemuraLarge Round Brush (£30.00) to keep your locks pulled towards the floor whilst blow drying the remaining loose section. Repeat this step with each of the four/five pieces.
5. When it comes to straightening your hair, it’s well worth biting the bullet and investing in a pair of GHD stylers as quite frankly, they’re the best of the best! Opt for the GHD Straighteners Midnight Collection Gift Set (£129.00) because although it’s pricey, it includes the essential heat resistant mat which will keep your dressing table safe from scorching, two sectioning clips and a handy carry case. Just clip your mane into sections as in step 4, and then smooth the ceramic iron down your hair shaft, ensuring that you move at a steady pace and repeat until complete.
6. Spritz with Goldwell Style Sign Gloss Spray (£7.65) to keep fly-aways at bay and complete your glamorous new style.
Bio: This post has been written by Harriet Charnock-Bates for Mobile Beauty UK. Book your hairdresser online today!